mercoledì, aprile 13, 2005

NETGEAR WG511v2 (Marvell chip) and SuSE 9.2

Ladies and Gentlemen,
we are here reunited to celebrate the fantastic NDISWRAPPER and his team for make wireless work on our linux boxes and my SuSE Laptop too :)
Let's go to show how to make this fuckin pcmcia card to work (Gates slaves!!).... ohhhhhh shit, I dont wanna write now, it's late! it's 2:11 am and I'm sitting on a wc, havin my shit (yeeeessss i'm really on wireless, yeeeeeah!) and wanna go sleep soon so, check out this two links:

http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/phpwiki/index.php?Installation
(HArd but worked for me!)
http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/phpwiki/index.php/Suse%20Professional%209.2
(didnt work for netgear)

you can mix up the two articles and you will be wireless soon!
maybe next time I'll make a summary mix for you.

bye
antonio

TIP:
if you get an error loading the module ndiswrapper (moprobe ndiswrapper), do this:
rm /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/extra/ndiswrapper.ko
cp /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/misc/ndiswrapper.ko /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/extra

Nessun commento: