venerdì, settembre 03, 2004

Asus L3500 Power Management on SuSE 9.1

Today, I discovered that power management on my asus doesn't function properly and that I can configure extra buttons and leds on my laptop trought powersave (default acpi manager for suse).
Now I'll show you how-to do it!

SUSPEND AND STANDBY
edit '/etc/powersave.conf'. Right at the end there are two lines:
POWERSAVED_DISABLE_USER_SUSPEND=yes POWERSAVED_DISABLE_USER_STANDBY=yes
modify it to
'no'

ASUS_ACPI
acpi4asus (kernel module for asus special keys and leds) is included in the kernel (from 2.6). Just load the module 'asus_acpi' since startup, editing the file '/etc/sysconfig/powersave/common'.

Search for the definition of
'POWERSAVE_ACPI_MODULES' and add 'asus_acpi'.
Same goes for
'POWERSAVE_ACPI_MODULES_NOT_TO_UNLOAD'.

Set
POWERSAVE_CPUFREQD_MODULE="p4-clockmod" (doesnt work well: cpu boot at 300Mhz instead of 2.400Mhz even I've set powersave as well! tryin to find help and further informations)

searching for other tips... stay tuned!


sources:
http://www.wach-o-witz.de/asus_l3500d_install.html

Nessun commento: